Refilling your car with gas is now becoming an expensive chore that most people dread. Unfortunately, we all depend on our vehicles to get us to work, school, and more. Therefore, we have to buy gas no matter how much it costs. But how can we do it and save money in 2022?
Below are some of our trusted fuel-saving tips and tricks:
- Avoid Harsh Braking and Accelerating - Nothing drains your fuel tank more than the way you drive your car. Excessive braking and acceleration can decrease your MPG by 20 percent or more. If you want to save money at the pump, drive more steadily and give yourself time to brake.
- Know When to Have Your Windows Down and When to Use A/C - Saving money on fuel doesn't mean you should neglect your air conditioning altogether. Experts suggest driving with the windows down in the city or at low speeds. On the other hand, it's best to have your windows up driving on the highway as the wind resistance can up your expense.
- Avoid Idling - Don't let your vehicle sit for too long without driving it. You may have to suffer through a minute or two of waiting for your car to cool down or heat up, but anything more can hurt your gas mileage.
- Unload Your Vehicle - Do you still have old sporting gear or heavy equipment sitting in your trunk? Carrying excess weight in your vehicle can strain your engine to work harder and consume more gas. So take out the stuff you don't need in your car to see better results.
- Check Your Tire Pressure - Last but not least, please remember to have properly filled tires. This not only preserves the life of the tire but will ensure you run your car efficiently.
We hope you find these tips helpful for your fuel-saving journey this year. In addition to all these tricks, proper vehicle maintenance is key in having an efficiently running vehicle. For all your automotive needs, we invite you to Dickerson Automotive.